Our philanthropic advisors develop close, one-on-one relationships with you, our donors, once you have established a fund with us. We work with you to better understand your passion for giving and ways we can help you become more involved in philanthropy.
Once you become a donor of The Community Foundation, you are assigned an individual philanthropic advisor who serves as your main contact to work with your fund and help guide you through the process. Your philanthropic advisor will provide:
- A Donor Orientation Session upon set-up of your fund to introduce you to The Community Foundation and our services;
- Multiple methods for recommending grants;
- Research and due diligence to verify grantee eligibility;
- Report requests on fields of interest or specific organizations;
- Educational opportunities such as workshops, seminars and site visits, as well as opportunities to meet and share ideas and experiences with other donors and
- Quarterly fund statements.
We also provide you with donor education opportunities to help you become more engaged with your fund, understand how to make effective grant recommendations and learn from other donors as well. Our job is to serve as your charitable giving partner from the time you consider a gift and on an ongoing basis as you make grant recommendations and involve the next generation.