Calling all young phillanthropists-
Join us for Planet Philanthropy 2012 on Saturday, August 18 as we board the Chota Princess II for a day of learning about water in Georgia and the work done by two nonprofits, the Elachee Nature Science Center and the Upper Chattahoochee Riverkeeper.
Planet Philanthropy 2012
Saturday, August 18, 2012
8:30AM — 2:30 PM
Floating Classroom on
The Chattahoochee River
Donors of The Community Foundation will receive a formal invitation and registration form by mail in July.
- Children, grandchildren, family and special friends of our donors, ages 9-15, are invited to attend.
- The bus will leave from Houston’s Restaurant parking lot, located 3539 Northside Pkwy NW, Atlanta, GA 30327, at 8:30am and return at 2:30 pm.
- The Planet Philanthropy class will decide on a group grant, pooled together with $250 from each participant, to make to a specific project requested by Elachee Nature Science Center or Upper Chattahoochee Riverkeeper. Each participant will also have the opportunity to make a grant of $250 to the nonprofit of their choice.
- Participants will learn about the environment in Georgia with a particular emphasis on water and the art and science of philanthropy!
- There is a service project! Please bring a fleece, coat or raincoat in new or good condition to donate to future groups who participate on the Floating Classroom on days that are rainy or chilly.
- Participants need to bring a hat, sunscreen, their donated fleece, coat/raincoat and their parental waiver.
- To participate, sponsors of participants can recommend a grant from their donor-advised fund or send a check to The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta for $500.
Call or email Angela Hunter to register your child, grandchild, niece, nephew or special friend to attend Planet Philanthropy 2012 on the Floating Classroom at Lake Lanier. Angela can be reached at 404-588-3212 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For More Information
Please call your Philanthropic Advisor with any questions at 404-688-5525.