Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund
Arts, culture and creativity enhance the lives and the work of people and communities.
A Reflection of Us
At the Community Foundation, we value the work of the arts because they reflect who we have been and who we’re becoming—as individuals and as a culture. Throughout the Atlanta region, the arts connect communities of geography and communities of interest.
In particular, small and midsized organizations are core to the rhythm and vibrancy of Atlanta. They show new work, incubate ideas and debut talent. They offer safe places for experimentation. They add to countless micro-economies throughout the city. And they also frequently struggle to keep the doors open and the lights on, even as they offer such a valuable resource for our area.
The Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund focuses on the 250+ small and midsized arts groups in the Atlanta area with an operating budget of less than $2 million. The Arts Fund provides strategic funds to support and strengthen small and midsized arts organizations so that they may attract, serve and build audiences across the Atlanta region.
As the only independent endowed fund exclusively for the arts in metropolitan Atlanta, the Arts Fund provides a unique opportunity for donors to support a wide range of arts organizations with one contribution. The Arts Fund provides combinations of grant funding, professional coaching and post grant mentoring that helps ensure an organization’s success.
The Arts Fund unrestricted general operating grants will be administrated with the General Operating Support Cycle. Guidelines for the 2017 General Operating Cycle can be found here.
For more information about grants from Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund, please contact:
Director, Community Advancement
2017 Grant Cycle Timeline
The 2017 grant cycle will follow the General Operating Support cycle timeline.
• Friday, April 14th – Organizations interested in being considered for a 2017 General Operating Support grant complete/update Organization Profile and Common Grant Application on the online portal
• Friday, May 19th – Selected applicants contacted and invited to submit a Grant Application Supplement
• Friday, June 9th – Grant Application Supplement due
• Thursday, October 26th – Applicants notified of funding decision
The General Operating Support Guidelines should be followed, however with the following differences in eligibility criteria for the Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund:
- Must have a primary focus on presenting, producing, or providing arts programming for the public
- Must have an annual operating budget less than $2 million
- Must have at least one full-time, paid employee
- Must have a minimum operating history of two years after its 501(c)(3) designation
- Must pay artists and performers associated with cultural programming
Over 550 arts, business and philanthropic leaders joined together on December 3, 2015 at the InterContinental Hotel in Buckhead to “Amp up the Arts” at the Community Foundation’s 20th annual Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund luncheon.
The event’s keynote speaker was Steven J. Tepper, a leading writer and scholar on U.S. cultural policy and creativity, who discussed how artists and arts leaders are reshaping the relationship between art and the city. During his keynote he empowered listeners with his stories of how he has fostered national discussions around topics of cultural engagement, everyday creativity and the transformative possibilities of a 21st century creative campus.