General Operating Support
Real strength means flexibility.
Funding Where It’s Needed Most
The Community Foundation’s General Operating Support cycle provides nonprofits with unrestricted funding to achieve their missions. General operating support grants are flexible and allow funds to be used when and where they’re most needed.
Several of the Community Foundation’s competitive grantmaking programs offer general operating support, including the Metropolitan Atlanta Arts Fund which supports small and midsized arts organizations; the Atlanta AIDS Fund which provides grants to HIV/AIDS-service organizations; and the Common Good Fund, the Foundation’s unrestricted fund that focuses primarily on general operating support for nonprofit organizations.
These grants are highly competitive. Grants range from $10,000 to $75,000 for each 12-month period, and may be awarded for 12 or 24 months. Each grantee will be asked to identify annual goals and to report on progress and challenges every 12 months.
2016 Grant Cycle Timeline
- Thursday, May 5: Nonprofits complete their Organizational Profile and Common Grant Application
- Wednesday, June 8: The Foundation notifies nonprofits whether they are invited to continue forward in the grant process
- Wednesday, June 29: Nonprofits invited to the next stage of the process submit their Grant Application Supplements and required attachments
- Friday, July 29: Foundation notifies nonprofits whether they are moving to the site visit stage of the process
- August 8-26: Site visits conducted
- Tuesday, October 11: The Foundation notifies nonprofits of the status of their funding request