Helping communities build on their own strengths and assets.
The New Grassroots
The Neighborhood Fund builds upon locally grown ideas, energy and passion to empower community members to improve their neighborhoods. From grants that support civic activism to those that generate new cultural events or green spaces, the Neighborhood Fund is committed to helping grassroots leaders drive social change.
Making a difference in a community requires the motivation and leadership of the residents who live in that community. The Neighborhood Fund’s approach to grantmaking is to support the development of neighborhood leadership, bridging the gap between planning, implementation and longer-term community action.
The Neighborhood Fund provides grants and coaching to resident-led groups (who may or may not be registered nonprofits) seeking to impact their community at the local level.
26 Years of Small Grants for Neighborhoods
2017 Grant Cycle Timeline
- January 5, 2017: Grant application material made available online
- January 5, 2017: 6 – 7:30 p.m. Online orientation
- February 13, 2017: Grant application deadline at noon
- March 6 – March 21, 2017: Site visits
- April 11, 2017: Grantees notified of award
- April 18, 2017: 6 – 8 p.m. Grant orientation
- August 1, 2017: Grant application material made available online
- August 1, 2017: 6 – 7:30 p.m. Online orientation
- September 5, 2017: Grant application deadline at noon
- October 2 – October 17, 2017: Site visits
- November 14, 2017: Grantees notified of award
- December 5, 2017: 6 – 8 p.m. Grant orientation