Developing stronger, more impactful nonprofits through enhanced management practices.
More Than Money
The Community Foundation’s commitment to strengthening and supporting our region’s nonprofit sector includes more than giving grants. That’s why we offer a variety of opportunities to strengthen nonprofits.
Managing for Excellence Award
The Community Foundation for Greater Atlanta launched its inaugural Managing for Excellence Award in 1984, and presents this award to organizations that exhibit outstanding nonprofit management each year.
Join the Winners’ Circle
The Community Foundation promises to invest in the region’s nonprofits with management and financial resources to equip them to effectively manage operations and high-performing programs.
A strong nonprofit region is a collaborative one made up of organizations that effectively manage operations and high-performing programs based on community need. This requires knowledgeable and capable staff, strong leadership, value for innovation, a clear vision and a plan.
Strengthen Your Organization
Would you like to take classes on nonprofit management or best practices, network with other nonprofit leaders or discover how to implement best practices? Check out our local partners, who offer in-depth practical tools and learning resources for nonprofits.
- The Foundation Center offers information and resources that are specifically designed to meet the needs of nonprofits worldwide in need of know-how for securing funding and operating effective organizations. Local nonprofit leaders can visit the Atlanta office to use its many resources and library, including the Nonprofit Management Knowledge Base section of GrantSpace.
- The Georgia Center for Nonprofits provides a comprehensive suite of resources that build higher-performing nonprofits through training, membership, consulting, knowledge sharing, advocacy and collaborations.
The organizations below provide nonprofit resources and learning. For even more resources and ideas, as well as our six best practice areas, visit our Nonprofit Best Practices page.
- Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool, created by the Social Venture Partners of San Diego
- The Bridgespan Group, a nonprofit advisor and resource for mission-driven organizations and philanthropists
- Independent Sector, the leadership network for charities, foundations and corporate giving programs committed to advancing the common good in America and around the world
It’s easy to get started with your grant application. Just go to our online portal now.